Do you avoid receiving dental care like the plague because of your sensitive gag reflex, fear of pain, or traumatizing childhood experience? If so, then Advanced Dental Care is the place for you. Our caring team will take the time to help you feel calm and comfortable during your appointment, so you can receive the dental services that improve and protect the health of your smile.
Dental anxiety is a very common problem, and it prevents many people from receiving the dental care that keeps their mouth healthy. However, there are solutions for dental anxiety that help you relax during your appointment, and some of these include the following:
- Our sedation dentistry helps you feel calm during dental procedures. Some patients may even fall asleep during treatment.
- If fear of pain gives you dental anxiety, then you can rest assured that we use local anesthetic to numb your mouth so you feel comfortable during a procedure.
- You can ask a friend or family member to come with you to your appointment for support.
- Distract yourself with music or visualization exercises during treatment.
- Don’t drink a caffeinated beverage before your appointment. This can make you feel nervous and jittery.
- We can agree on a hand signal for you to use if you want to take a break during the procedure.
- You can bring pillows and blankets to help you feel more comfortable during your visit to our dental practice.
If you have dental anxiety, then call our dentist in Burlington, Massachusetts, to see how we can help you to feel relaxed during your appointment. We can be reached at 781-272-2875.