March is here and that means spring is on the way. Traditionally, spring is a time representing rebirth, rejuvenation, resurrection and regrowth. And so, we shed the weight of winter and return to a lighter phase of living again. One of the best ways you can spruce up your health and revitalize your teeth and gums this season is to see your dentist. According to The Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), the best thing you can do to maintain excellent oral health is to see your dentist every six months for a professional dental cleaning. These checkups and cleanings reinforce the oral health routine (such as daily brushing and flossing, etc.) that you do every day to care for your smile.
When you come into our dental office, our job is to help you preserve your health, help you prevent disease and check the areas in your mouth that may require further attention. At your dental visit Dr. Christopher McGonigle will provide both preventative and diagnostic services which can include:
- Removing plaque and tartar off of teeth and gums
- Applying fluoride to tooth enamel, if needed
- Polishing fillings and crowns
- Removing any stains on the tooth enamel
- Applying dental sealants on molars if necessary
- Taking x-rays, and assessing the teeth for decay
- Planning treatment as needed
- Referral to specialists for treatment as necessary
- An Oral cancer screening and exam
- Checking the bite, chewing and swallowing patterns
- Evaluating the gum tissue
Are you ready to spruce up your smile this spring and get your oral health back on track, take a moment to schedule your professional dental cleaning. We invite you to give our team at Advanced Dental Care in Burlington, Massachusetts a call today and let us help revitalize your smile! 781-272-2875.